Sunday, March 24, 2019

Graduate passing away of mom and dad - March 24 2019

Rushed home for a week. Didn't do much other than helping mom and dad.  Dad is in the hospital, other than visiting him twice a day and hiring a 24 hour care-taker, there is not much that I could do.  Mom is losing her memory, she will ask the same questions every 3 minutes, and of course, don't know she is repeating herself.  Putting notes everywhere did not help since she is losing her eyesight and don't want to use glasses.  Plus my right ear is plugged up because of the flu.  Burning the candle on three sides!

Mom accumulated over 15 years of documents, brochures, books, newspaper clips, filled a couple rooms.  It took me hours, with help from Ah-Di, to clean the small study room and the guest room.  Many of the papers are stained with mice urine small horribly.  I put most of the book/paper in the backyard, every 5 minutes, mom would go there and pick up a few random stuff and put them in the study.  I would move them again to the backyard - this will repeat 10s of times in a day.  But when someone is losing her memory, there is no use of teaching or getting angry, since she will remember nothing.

Next year have to get flu shot, the sneezing and coughing is bad enough, I can't stand my right ear is plugged up, I start to realize, the hearing is as important as the seeing. 

Try to bring mom to take a walk every day, she enjoyed it, especially combined with shopping for breakfast.

Sis is going back to stay with mom for three months, really appreciate it.  The younger brother has cut all communication with us, demand each one of use send him $1,7 million NT and help mom and pop for 15 years before we contact him or his wife.  Not very happy.  Especially when the wife insult the older brother, that really enraged me.  I just have to treat her like an ingorant kid and let my anger aside to deal with the issues.

No comments: