- I make sure my grip is a proper forehand grip, that is my less reliable side
- I touch my tip of my racket to the ground slightly to make sure I lower my weight
- I decide where I plan to return the ball to
- I go thru the split step just when the server start his back swing;
- This is most important step, as it leave the servers hand.: I focus on the fuzzy yellow ball so intensely that I see nothing else
- When the ball is coming to me, I don't think much, just let my instinct play the ball (since the ball is coming so fast, there is no time for analysis)
I found out not only I return the ball better, I start to enjoy the return and make it a part of my weaponry.
The level of clarity feels wonderful. Now I should apply it to other area of my life, instead of worry and avoidance, if I prepare intensely and stay focus, each of those challenge is an opportunity to shine, to win.