Monday, December 15, 2014

Clarity

Played tennis Sunday against Ken, an advanced player with a flat fast first serve.  Over the last few months, I have been developing a habit of focusing on the return of serve that bring me a refreshing mindset. After I position myself according to the condition of the serve, and

  1. I make sure my grip is a proper forehand grip, that is my less reliable side 
  2. I touch my tip of my racket to the ground slightly to make sure I lower my weight
  3. I decide where I plan to return the ball to
  4. I go thru the split step just when the server start his back swing;
  5. This is most important step, as it leave the servers hand.:  I focus on the fuzzy yellow ball so intensely that I see nothing else
  6. When the ball is coming to me, I don't think much, just let my instinct play the ball (since the ball is coming so fast, there is no time for analysis)


I found out not only I return the ball better, I start to enjoy the return and make it a part of my weaponry. 

The level of clarity feels wonderful.  Now I should apply it to other area of my life, instead of worry and avoidance, if I prepare intensely and stay focus, each of those challenge is an opportunity to shine, to win.


No comments: