Monday, March 26, 2012

Counting blessings

After a long road trip by myself to Southern California over the weekend to give a talk to 600 admitted students and their parents and to participate the very first alumni association mixture in Long Beach, I arrive back to Monterey after mid night on Sat.  The talk was well-received, talking to alums were pleasant and I did find time to visti Bowers Museum and had a fantastic lunch. Felt tired on Sunday, I slept much longer and had a very low energy.  It was hard to drag myself to office on Monday morning, so many tasks waiting to be done and many decisions to be made.  I felt deflated.

Walking off the parking lot, I tried to boost my morale by counting my blessings, the rewarding work, caring people around me, comfortable life-style, enviable location to work, live and play.  There is little to complain. Try to follow the suggestions by one of the Harvard Business Review talk: have enough sleep, prioritize the time so the most important tasks are done, exercise and eat well.  Life can be pleasant and productive if one has the long term vision and day-to-day discipline.  Well, I do have those, so MOVE ON and seize the day!

No comments: