Sunday, December 21, 2008

Comfort or immortal

What to pursue? That is the debate raging in my mind.  Some great ones might pursue both at the same with ease.  I can barely do one.  At the end of the day, it is a tug of war that tears me a part.  I might accomplish none.  When I read Yu Kwang-Zhong, listen to Yo-yo Ma, play Bach cello pieces, I felt so connected with the eternity and lasting beauty that I am overjoyed.  I can pursue, probably not achieve, some kind of greatness.  The sacrifice might be the time spend with Yuan and Fang, the upkeep of the big old red barn, the heavy mortgages that due every first day of the month.  Looking at a few shining new cars, they are tempting, yet I know the moment I were to acquire the impressive Porsche GT, the thrill will be most gone.

No comments: