Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Middle Age

Reading a book about middle age. Interesting but not surprising that most people going through similar experience during the middle year 40-50 years old.

Moving forward as fast as possible no longed seemed to be the only way. Stop and enjoy the journey become more of a norm in a daily routine. Play tennis for 4 hours and the body will let you know it can not sustain such abuse anymore. After yet another day of long tennis playing, it is painful even just want to flip on bed. My right knee is developing a crippling arthritis, because of a skiing accident about 10 years gao, it is painful to move it every Sunday afternoon because of all the exercise over the weekend.

Middle age let me really feel the end of life is indeed there. Before I hit 40, the end of life is like black holes in the outer space. Yes, I know they exist, but as more of a abstract concept than real beings. Now, I calculate the return of my time investment on almost all large projects I work on because I know my time is limited.

I decide to keep a habit of writing a page of something every night. To use that as way to keep myself productive, keep me moving forward and keep a mark in my life which is fading away really fast.

No comments: