Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Moscato plus Rachmaninoff: Cheap, yet deep, enjoyment




Life sometimes gets in the way of having deep enjoyable moments.
Lately I was lucky enough to find some other than driving a convertible in the chilly 55F sunset: Moscato plus Rachmaninoff
The $9.99 special sweet white wine from Trader Joes and a few YouTube recordings of the prelude in g are all I need to escape from the crushing responsibilities, unrelenting ambitions and
carnivorous daemons deep in my soul pushing me to make something out of my meager self.
The strong aroma from the Carmel Moscato and the pounding notes from the Russian maestro take me away. To a abstract, visual-less, journey of nameless emotion. After three glasses and five different renditions of the prelude, I am revived. To fight the daemons again with a refreshed mind. Life is sweet.

No comments: