Monday, October 13, 2008

Successes, failures and risks

Successes are sweet.  Most people savor that and would like to achieve more of it.  However, sometimes people can not achieve more success because fear of failure.  Especially people have vivid memory of their failure in early ages.  

The tricky part is, without taking risks, there is no possibility of success. So how do we learn from the failure, and welling to continue to take calculated risks, is the challenge.

Reflect upon my past, great failures and successes abound. What have I learned?
- Have to take risks.   But only those risks that I can manage the worse consequences, and only the calculated risks that bring major rewards.
- Be careful of details.  My natural tendency is only focus on broad strokes.  I have to learn to pay attention to details and learn how to delegate those tasks to someone capable of detailed work.
- Spend time on followup.  When a duty is assigned, I don't check the result careful or frequent enough.

With that, let's move on!

No comments: