Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Moving forward by stepping back

The end of the semester is close. Today marks the last day of Senate meeting, I organized a certificate for Dan Fernandez. I enjoyed showing appreciation to other people that have genuine contribution. I decided not participate senate activities much from now on, it is interesting and worthwhile, but the efforts I put in and the achievement I get from it is disproportional to my time spent.

I will be in few committee next year, not in the CEHI, Foundation board, not in postgraduate and research committee, not in resource and budget. I should dedicate my time to advance research, career and entrepreneurship. I have noticed that most of my time are dealing with urgent but trivial issues. At the end of a day, when I ask myself when have I accomplished, the answer is usually pitiful.

Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth. ~ Mark Twain

No comments: