Sunday, February 4, 2007

Pieces of Daily life

Played tennis at the new Meadowbrooks Club. It was a nice match. I played single with Leonard today, double with Mike and John. Even I lost the match but it felt good, I have not play single for years.

It is a great day, sunny with a little overcast. The club is about 10 min from home in the city of Seaside. Seaside is a working class city, the member are mostly middle class. When I talked to the care takers: two old ladies: Gin and la Voy, they emphasized we don’t the “snobby stuff”, La voy brushed her nose. It is rather affordable: $250 initiation fee and $75 per month for the entire family, compared to the Spanish bay: $17K to start and $240 per month. It is a bargain. My body is not as resilient as before, after two hours of tennis yesterday and today, aching and pain everywhere, I felt great!

After reading Sun Zhen’s book, I felt it is important to keep as much detail as possible of my life. Don’t know if all these pity details are usable in the future, but I know if I don’t carefully collect them, they are fading away soon.

Watched Ring II, Crank, panic room and a few other movies. Felt it is waste of time to watch mediocre movies. The other day I watch a clip of video from a Hollywood mogul describing work to young people: Most people think they work 8 hours a day, but with all the chatting, useless emails, walking around, futile meetings, and general fooling around, it is more like 4 hours, so in a year, a typical person works only 800 hours. A “hard working” person, spend both Saturday and Sunday on effective works and can produce 800 hours of extra work per year! They are at least twice as productive.

No comments: