Sunday, January 7, 2007

Moving forward is not an option - thoughts while riding my bike

Took my bike out today and rode for about an hour. It is rare to see people biking in Carmel, the steep hills make is all but impossible, especially consider a typical Carmel resident is beyond 55.

Rode the inland side of Hwy 1 and checked upon the tennis courts. Without a regular partner, I was hoping the practice court was available, but saw two rather good players there. Their playing style is interesting; obviously having good forms, but both of them are out of shape so can not run the balls down, they resort to aggressive playing try to end the point with one or two strokes.

On the bike, paddling hard, I have to admit that the age is catching up with me. During regular semester that I can maintain a regular exercising regiment, but during breaks, it is harder. Without exercising for only two weeks, I can feel my stamina sagging fast.

I was very surprised to find another household with last name Tao on the Carmel Hills Dr. It is unusually last name even in China, let along in the US.

While biking, stop is not an option. Moving forward is no only get you to new places, it is the only way to survive. Stopping directly incur failure. Many other entities are like that, e. g. Shark or business. When they stop, it is beginning of death.

No comments: